Thursday, December 17, 2009
Donna Eden describes the Hook-up exercise
• The Hook-up creates a connection between your central meridian (which sends energy up the front of your body) and governing meridian (which sends energy up your spine), bridging the energies between the front and back of your body and between your head and torso.
• It strengthens your aura.
• It increases your coordination.
The Hook-up is one of the most powerful tools I know for quickly centering myself. I t has immediate neurological consequences. Several of my students have reported using it with someone who has started to seizure and seen the seizure stop within 15-20 seconds.
To do the Hook-up, breathe in deeply through your nose and out through your mouth (time—15 to 20 seconds.
1. Place the middle finger of one hand on your third eye (between your eyebrows above the bridge of your nose).
2. Place the middle finger of the other hand in your navel.
3. Gently press each finger into your skin, pull it upward, and hold for 15-20 seconds. Often a spontaneous sigh or deep breath signals that the energies have hooked up.
This exercise can be found on page 98-99 of Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine Book.
For more information about Energy Medicine and what it can do for you go to www.LearnEnergyMedicine.com
To purchase the Energy Medicine Book or other Energy Medicine products go to www.Innersource.net.
Friday, November 20, 2009
How to Overcome Despair Through Spiritual Connection
Heaven Rushing In:
Whenever you are in despair, feeling alone, sick at a crossroads, suffering with physical pain, in anguish because of an illness that will not heal, or otherwise unable to find the answers you ache to find, the following can be an uplifting practice. It can put you in touch with the sacred dimension of your life, infuse you with the knowledge that you are not alone, and give you the odd comfort of realizing that all you see is only a glimpse of a larger picture.
If at all possible, do this out in nature, perhaps under the stars, or in another setting that feels sacred. For
1. Stand tall. Take a moment to ground yourself by spreading your fingers on your thighs, breathing deeply, feeling your feet on the ground, and being conscious of your connection to the Earth as the energy pours out of your fingers, down your thighs, and into the ground. You are preparing yourself to make a sacred connection.
2. Take a deep breath in, open your arms wide, and bring them into a prayer position in front of your chest. Exhale.
3. With another deep breath open your arms wide and lift them. Look to the heavens. Reach toward heaven as heaven reaches back to you. Release your breath. Bask in the knowledge that you are not alone in this universe and that you are worthy of this blessing from the heavens. You may feel a tingle, a buzz, or heat in your hands. You are touching heaven with your hands, and you are inviting healing energies from the cosmos.
4. Scoop this energy into your arms and bring your hands into the middle of your chest. There is a vortex here called Heaven Rushing In, and “heaven” rushes into your heart with healing, with a glimpse of your true nature, and with a peek into who you are in the larger plan. Even when you do not receive guidance or inspiration, know that they will unfold in their perfect time.
5 If there is a specific area in your body that needs healing place your charged hands over that area and let the energies stream in.
This exercise and many others can be found in
For more information go to http://LearnEnergyMedicine.com
To order the Energy Medicine book go to http://www.theinnersourcestore.com/
Thursday, October 1, 2009
How to Nip an Illness in the Bud
1. Do the Connecting Heaven and Earth exercise. (Page 266)
2. Do the Hook-up (page 98) and the Three Thumps. (Page 74)
3. Massage you Neurolymphatic Reflex points to detoxify your body. (Page 92)
4. Have a friend do a Spinal Flush on you. (Page 93)
5. Have a friend clear your chakras. (Page 183)
For more information go to www.LearnEnergyMedicine.com
Monday, August 10, 2009
How to Overcome Nervousness About an Upcoming Presentation, Job Interview or Confrontation!
How to Overcome Nervousness About an Upcoming Presentation, Job Interview or Confrontation!
The Three Thumps (page 74 of the Energy Medicine book) , The Wayne Cook Posture (page 84), and a vigorous Cross Crawl (page 80) are a potent one-two- three routine for unscrambling your energy field, crossing the energies in the right-and left- brain hemispheres, and moving stress hormones out of your system. Use it while preparing for the event, and just prior to it, zip yourself up with an affirmation (page 94).
The Three Thumps:
1. Use several fingers or knuckles to tap the spots shown in the pictures. Tap vigorously on each set of spots.
Focus on breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth during all the tapping.
2. To locate K-27 points place your fingers on your collarbone and move them inward towards the U-shaped notch at the top of your breastbone. Move your fingers to the bottom of the U and then move down and out about an inch to find the spots. Tap or massage for ten to fifteen seconds.
3. Place the fingers of either or both hands in the center of your sternum at the thymus gland. Tap there for fifteen to twenty seconds with your fingers or your knuckles.
4. Tap the Neurolymphatic Spleen points, beneath the breasts and down one rib, for fifteen seconds. Alternately, tap the spleen acupuncture points, located on the side of the body about four inches down from the arm pits, for fifteen seconds. If either set is more tender use these points in the future.
The Wayne Cook Posture:
1. Place your left foot over your right knee. Wrap you right hand around the front of your left ankle and your left hand over the ball of your left foot, with your fingers curled around the sides of the foot.
2. Breathe in slowly through your nose, letting the breath lift your body as you breathe in. At the same time, pull your leg toward you, creating a stretch. As you exhale, breathe out of your mouth slowly, letting your body relax. Repeat this slow breathing and stretching four or five times.
3. Switch to the other foot. Place your right foot over your left knee. Wrap your left hand around the front of your right ankle and your right hand over the ball of your right foot, with your fingers curled around the side of your foot. Use the same breathing.
4. Uncross your legs and “steeple” your fingertips together so they form a pyramid. Bring your thumbs to rest on your “third eye” just above the bridge of your nose. Breathe slowly and deeply, in through your nose and out through your mouth, about three or four full breaths.
5. On the last exhalation, curl your fingers into the middle of your forehead and separate them, firmly and pleasantly, pulling across your forehead to your temples.
6. Slowly bring your hands down in front of you. Surrender into your own breathing.
The Cross Crawl:
1. While standing, lift your right arm and left leg simultaneously.
2. As you let them down, raise your left arm and right leg. If you are unable to do this because of a physical disability, there is an alternative. While sitting, lift your right knee and touch it with your left hand. Then lower them, lift your left leg, and touch it with your right hand.
3. Repeat, this time exaggerating the lift of your leg and the swing of your arm across the midline to the opposite side of your body.
1. Place your hands at the bottom end of the central meridian, which is at your pubic bone
2. Inhale deeply as you simultaneously move your hands, slowly and with deliberation, straight up the center of your body, to your lower lip, where the meridian ends.
3. By continuing upward, however, bringing your hands past your lips and exuberantly raising them into the sky, you connect your central meridian with your aura and with forces that are beyond you.
4. Circle your arms back down to your pelvis
5. Repeat three times
For more amazing Energy exercises, visit www.learnenergymedicine.com
For more information and to order the book visit www.Innersource.net
Monday, August 3, 2009
Energy Medicine and Elementary School Education
Q. Dear Donna: I am an elementary school teacher who was in your workshop last week in
A. This is wonderful work to take to the schools. The Educational Kinesiology Foundation (www.braingym.org) has been a pioneer in bringing Energy Medicine into schools. They have also sponsored or supported an impressive series of research studies to back claims that energy methods can help children with learning disabilities, enhance academic performance, address the causes of some behavioral problems such as hyperactivity, and increase self-esteem. Our own non-profit Energy Medicine Institute has been conducting a very small program with the
This question and answer was found in the question and answer section of the innersource.net website.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Wayne Cook Posture
- Place your left foot over your right knee. Wrap you right hand around the front of your left ankle and your left hand over the ball of your left foot, with your fingers curled around the sides of the foot
- Breathe in slowly through your nose, letting the breath lift your body as you breathe in. At the same time, pull your leg toward you, creating a stretch. As you exhale, breathe out of your mouth slowly, letting your body relax. Repeat this slow breathing and stretching four or five times.
- Switch to the other foot. Place your right foot over your left knee. Wrap your left hand around the front of your right ankle and your right hand over the ball of your right foot, with your fingers curled around the side of your foot. Use the same breathing.
- Uncross your legs and “steeple” your fingertips together so they form a pyramid. Bring your thumbs to rest on your “third eye” just above the bridge of your nose. Breathe slowly and deeply, in through your nose and out through your mouth, about three or four full breaths.
- On the last exhalation, curl your fingers into the middle of your forehead and separate them, firmly and pleasantly, pulling across your forehead to your temples.
- Slowly bring your hands down in front of you. Surrender into your own breathing.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Tinnitus / ringing in the ears
Question: Tinnitus / ringing in the ears
I have the Introduction to Energy Medicine DVD. (It is just like being in the class!) I deal with ringing in my ears, so I printed out the article on tinnitus from your website, but I would like additional information. Will there be an educational class or another DVD that I could view on how to help myself in correcting this condition?
I enjoyed the DVD showing Donna, along with her husband, demonstrating different Energy Medicine techniques. It has been a great help. I would like to attend a class much like the one on the DVD. Where should I start?
While watching Donna on a DVD is a great way to begin; reading her book and learning about Energy Medicine is the place to start. A class with Donna offers more of a hands-on experience which is an effective way to help you understand more about how to use it for yourself. So, it is suggested to attend a 5-Day Training with Donna.
Because Energy Medicine is about energy balance and flow; and every person has their own energy signature, the energy affecting the tinnitus in each person will differ. This is why learning the basics of Energy Medicine first is important to achieving success with its use.
Donna's classes can be found on the website at
For more Question and Answers go to:
For product information, visit:
Thursday, June 11, 2009
GETTING YOUR CHILDREN INVOLVED IN THEIR OWN HEALTHY DIET
For many of us, learning to energy test food can change our relationship to what we eat. You can test to see if your body is going to like a particular food, by whether it makes you strong or weak.(to learn about energy testing see link below )
You can also get children involved with picking out foods you buy at the grocery store or energy test them before you cook a meal. It can be a game. (They will enjoy it, at least until the first time they energy test weak on something they really want.) But often, even if they are begging for something seeing their arm lose its strength on an energy test of that food will bring laughter and reduce the tension.
Of course they may want to eat it anyway, but kids can become less interested in food that consistently cause them to lose there energy. The best results happen if they make the connection that losing strength on an energy test may mean that the food being tested may reduce their energy level and leave them feeling bad.
However, you have to be honest. A healthy body can metabolize a certain amount of junk food and it would undermine the process to overpower the child with your strength or your mind. Use the guidelines presented here to be sure the energy test is accurate and particularly that it isn’t being influenced by your belief or your child’s desires.
Finally, let children draw their own conclusion about how eating food that energy tested weak makes them feel. When they can authentically relate energy testing to their life that it isn’t just a trick or a frivolous game energy testing becomes a source of empowerment, a way to get useful information and biofeedback. They might also like turning the tables on Mom and Dad and energy test you on that cheesecake or cigarette and why not? You may be interested to find out for yourself weather that daily glass of red wine really is good for your heart. You can also use energy testing to assess the likely reaction of your own body or your children’s bodies to vitamins and other food supplements.
Source: Energy Medicine by Donna Eden, Page 61-62
For more information visit www.learnenergymedicine.com
Click here for link to video on energy testing
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Energy Medicine for Women
Energy Medicine for Women takes you on a personal tour of your body as an energy system, and it offers simple “energy tools” you can use to help your body function at its best. Below is an example of an exercise found in Energy Medicine for Women, designed to help clear the body of stress and stress chemicals while supporting harmony among your hormones.
The Hormone Hook-up
Step 1. Bring the thumb, index, and middle finger of your right hand together and lightly place this "three finger cluster" at the top of your head.
Step 2. Simultaneously make a three-finger cluster with your left hand and place it just over the curve behind the top of your head. Hold both points for the length of three slow, deep breaths. (In through the nose and out through the mouth.)
Step 3. Flatten your right hand so your palm is on your forehead with your middle finger pointing toward the top of your head. Relax into this hold for another three deep breaths, and relax.
Note: This energy exercise can be done anytime your sense you might benefit from it.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Definitions: An electrical device is “grounded” when it is connected to the ground in a way that allows excess energy to leave the system.
We are “Physically Grounded” when we can feel our connection with the Earth and carry ourselves (posture, movement, awareness) in a manner that is in harmony with the Earth’s gravitational pull.
We are “Emotionally Grounded” when our energies and emotions move through our physically-grounded body freely and are wholesomely discharged through our cells, our breath, our thoughts, and our actions.
We are “Spiritually Grounded” when physically grounded body and emotionally grounded mind are in harmony and alignment with one another and with “spirit” (the animating force within living things).
Bellow are techniques described in the Energy Medicine book that will help align your energies with the force field of the Earth and allow your energies and feelings to move freely through your body:
· “Separating Heaven and Earth”/“Connecting Heaven and Earth”
· The 3rd Eye /Navel “Hook-up”
· “Taking Down the Flames”
· “Expelling the Venom” (Follow with a slow and deliberate “Zip-up” that ends by reaching up and circling your arms down until they hang at your sides
· With your hands on your thighs, smooth your hands down your legs
· The “Wayne Cook Posture”
· The “Three Thumps”
Note: All of the above exercises can be found in Energy Medicine © 2005 Donna Eden & David Feinstein, Ph.D.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The Energies Of Love
There are four sensory system stress modes:
The energies of a relationship are an invisible hand that leaves two people either, happy or miserable, frustrated or content. These energies come into play in all relationships: parent/child, boss/employee, and friend/friend as well as couples.
This video will show you how to recognize your own energetic style and your partner's and how to bridge the two styles, navigating your way to greater harmony, deeper love, and an energy that supports you both. You can order this video at www.innersource.net
If you have the video or have watched the video please share your experience by posting a comment. If you have a question about the video please comment and ask.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Energy Medicine Basic 5 day Training Information
5-Day and Post-Class Information & Registration (pdf format)
Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:30pm
End Time: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 12:00pm
Location: The Hilton Head Resort Marriott
Street: Hilton Head Circle
City/Town: Hilton Head Island, SC
Phone:541-482-1800 ext 1